Sunday, January 11, 2015

Mexico City #66A

Mexico City #66 A
01/0 6,/2015
Dear Mom and Dad,

This week has gone by sooo slow you have no idea.  It did not go by slow because it was hard.  It went by slow for something that happened Thursday.  After Monday, my companion and me got everything patched up.  We were working well, and then Thursday I got a call from one of our assistants to the mission president.  He told me I had changes, and that I was going to be a Zone Leader.  That’s why the week went by so slow.  I already knew that I was going, and I just had to put forth my best effort until Tuesday when we actually got changed.  So that’s what happened.   Monday they told my companion that he had changes too.  We both left our area.  It was super weird because that hardly happens.  

So that’s what’s going on.  I am now in the barrio(ward) in the estaca(stake) Ecatepec.  My area is a giant hill.  Honestly the streets are super steep.  I am going to have thunder thighs, or I am going to be even skinnier.  We’ll see.  

My companion is Elder Jimenez.  I’m with another Dominican, but Elder Polanco and Elder Jimenez are super different.  My companion right now is super calm, and a super great missionary.  He is super smart, and super stoked on working.  I am really happy to be working with him.  Our ward is pretty big,.  I don’t know many people, but it is a lot more organized than Rios.  

I am really grateful for this chance to serve.  I honestly love being here on the mission.  We receive so many blessings.  I love being able to talk about the ¨good news¨ of the gospel so much.   We are teaching the Montes Family.  We taught them yesterday.  They invited us to eat ¨la rosca de reyes¨.  It’s a cake here that the eat on ¨dia de los reyes.¨  It’s where they celebrate when the 3 Wiseman got to Jesus and gave him presents.  Hidden in the cake are 4-6 little plastic dolls of the baby Jesus.  If you cut the cake and get one you have good luck, and you have to buy tamales for the family.  The last part is just like a joke, but it was fun to do that with them.  

We started talking about eternal marriage with them last night, and they all got super surprised.  They loved it; I think we will have so great blessings with them soon.  It’s a family of like 6 or 7 people.  
I love you guys so much.  Keep praying for me, and keep working hard.  Remember the Lord’s work, and participate as much as you can. 
I love you two.  

So I don’t forget, the Christmas packages haven’t gotten here.  I don’t know if united postal service works too well here.  But I’ll see tomorrow because I have to go to the mission offices.  


This is my new comp and I.


-- Elder Clayton Rodney England







No comments: