Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mexico City #3 Getting used to the WORK

Dear Elder Clayton:

Message from Sunday Night Dinner 

Hi Clayton  I miss but I am very proud of you what you doing.   I am at your house  
for family home meeting.  Cole just gave great lesson.  May the Lord bless you.

    Grandpa    Stander

Love ya grandpa!! so not much time!! but i love you!
elder england










Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 4:17 PM
To: Todd England
Subject: Re: Dear Elder England

Dear dad,

This week has been one of the hardest of my life.  monday, like you were asking, I got sick.  Not super super sick, but pretty sick.  I ate with a member last p/day and we had enchiladas....those enchiladas absolutely destroyed me!  It was so terrible haha i got "the runs" (school of rock) and then because the enchiladas were spicy, my bottom was completely destroyed from about tuesday to thursday...sooooo fun..but I'm all better now.  I really do like the food.  It's not American, which I miss alot, but it is really filling.  I'm really afraid of getting fat.  I REALLY do not want to get fat.  but everything here is made to do that to you....deep fried everything...meat...cheese...soda...and pan(deserts)  This is essentially what I eat everyday...oh and cereal and bread for breakfast. haha but I am starting to like it here right now.
I´m glad everyone is doing well!  I worry about you guys sometimes.  I don´t know what it is, but I´m glad to hear that you are all doing fine! 
ok funny story, there is a rally car garage near my house, and this week I went and talked to the owner of the rally car out front.  haha I was trying to describe heel toe to him and it just became a mess and I just ended up saying...gracias...nos vemos...
 As I said this was the hardest week, well my brain started to shut off because of all the spanish.  I literally could not understand a single person which was really bad because my comp had the bright idea to go on splits haha.   Its a good thing I love him, but I went with a young man in my barrio (ward) and we went to a party in the chapel and talked to one of our investigators.  Well as I said I couldnt understand anyone, and so I kind of had a break down and had this 16 year old kid take care of me...I did not feel like a missionary at all.  I felt like a dumb guerro(white boy) in the wrong country.  This non understanding has gone on until now, but my zone leader,  Elder Blotter has told me that it happens to everyone, and not to freak out.  So today on p day I just stopped with the spanish.  I needed to calm my brain down so today I read the story of Riley England.  Wow it touched my heart so much.  I need the Savior more in my life.  I really do.  I have taken for granted my relationship with Him, and I need to build it.  I need to do it because I  need to change.  I know this is the time that I prepare for the rest of my life. I need to become converted.  I want it so badly, and i can feel the spirit working with me.  
                                  Well dad, I love you. I need to write mom now, so nos vemos
                                                        Elder Clayton Rodney England
 


Dear mom,
I'm addressing this to both you and dad because i know your email is cluttered a lot.

mom, I totally took for granted how much you do for me.  I love you and I'm so grateful.  I'm so grateful for all the lessons you've taught me.  You've taught me that it's not a choice to serve the Lord.  It's just what you do.  I don't know where I'd be without that lesson.  You've shown me true love, and hard work for others.  You work sooooo hard for others.  It's so amazing.  I'm so blessed to have a mother like you.  I'm here because of you, for you, and so I can marry someone as great as you someday.  Thank you for teaching me so much.



Well this week was really rough.  I got really sick, details are in dad's letters, and I didn't really feel the spirit that much.  I think that was because my head was so cluttered with the spanish.  It's impossible to feel the spirit when your body isn't health?   Speaking of which how are you?  | remember you saying something about being sick a few weeks ago about being sick, so please fill me in.


Well I am really sorry for not writing you.  I really am.  I know that it must have been really frustrating.  
Right now I'm really trying to grow closer to Christ.  I need to change from him.  I need his comfort while out here on the mission.  



Another thing, thank you for teaching me to give my all to the lord. I haven't always lived that way, but I want to give everything.  I want to be able to get home and tell you that I worked the day before I came just like my very first day.  I want to say that I studied spanish until the last day.  I want to be able to say I did all I could for the lord.  Just like Riley.  I want to give everthing, and become converted.  Thank you for the things like the story of Riley.





mom I love you, I miss you. and I'm here because of you.

I know this Church is true.  I love it so much, and I love sharing it with others. 
te amo mam'a
Elder Clayton Rodney England







No comments: