Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mexico City #14

Mexico #14
12/30/13

Well another week, and I can honestly saw that I have never been as tired as I am right now!

There was a really cool experience that we had this week:

We we're walking on Saturday to paint a sister's house for service, and we got a call from the bishop.  He said that there was a family that was in town for vacation, and wanted to use the church for a baptism.  The bishop asked us to take care of it (wow...he trusts us!).  So we go first and paint the house of the sister, and then we go and set up the church for the baptism.  We got the font all filled, and everything, and we left to go have lunch.  When we got back, the family was there.  They are from Mexico City, but they live in Orem...weird right?  But they came into town for Christmas, and they wanted to baptize their son while they were with the whole family!  (Sounds like something my family would do!)  The whole thing was beautiful!   The boys and sister sang, exactly like an angel, and the spirit was strong.  The most special thing about this, is that the boy, Jacob, had lost his left arm previously.  I don't know how, but the love of this family was strong.  The Spirit was strong in testimony that in the day of the resurrection, this boy would receive his perfect immortal body.  Having a little brother with health issues, I know that that is such an amazing promise.  The Spirit testified to me that day, again, as it had so many times, that Cole will soon have his perfect body, and we will see him as God sees him.  I know it.

Ok there's my testimony, and now I want to share something that was extremely important to me this week, and that was TALKING WITH MY FAMILY!!!!  Wow I miss you all so much, and talking to you on Christmas Day was the greatest present I ever could have asked for!  Hearing all the advice and the love from them really truly helps me!   How blessed I am to be in this amazing eternal family.  One thing that you see here almost immediately is how important the structure of the family is!  I have seen broken, battered, and destroyed families here, and I can truly say and testify that because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, my family is still together, and that we are continually getting better!  

For Christmas, we had presents as a companionship, and my companion gave me a hot wheels of a BMW E30.   Haha I love him!  And I gave him a stuffed Sponge Bob!  We ate with like 3 families for the 24 and the 25, and the food was sooooo good!!  And on the 31 we are eating with two!  Wwow the food here is amazing!


I'm sorry that this letter is so disorganized, but I need to learn a thing or two from my friend Mason Childs, because his letters kill it every week.  

It was sooooo amazing to see you all this week, and I love you all so much!  Honestly I can't even imagine who I would be without you all...I don't want to do it!

I love you all

Elder Clayton Rodney England

No comments: