Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Mexico City #15

Mexico #15
1/06/14

Ok, we had a zone activity today, so I will try to write as quickly as possible, because I have already ran out of time!

First of Happy New Year! Wow!  What a year, I wish we could all think back to what we were doing last year, and see that we've improved!  I know that with the gospel of Jesus Christ, no matter who, we can all change.  I saw the Lord's hand in this work this week.


Ok, so on the first of the New Year, I think the Lord wanted to start my year off with a miracle.  We left the house and we went about doing as we planned.  On the way to the first appointment, which was just to contact someone and make a date for a lesson.  But anyways, we left to go find this contact, and my companion and me started talking about the word “dude”.  I was explaining how we use it in English, and for some reason I felt imressed to keep talking about it.  Weird, I know, but as we walked, we noticed that we had passed where we were going and so we happily turned around to walk a couple blocks.  We reached the contact, and we did nothing for a minute beause we have no credit for the phone, and she doesn’t have a doorbell in the apartment complex.  Well I heard someone leaving and it was Yunwen, the contact!  We talked for a minute and started walking with her.  As we parted in about 30 seconds, she told us, "Hey someone is calling for you two".   We turn around and see an older man walking toward us.  He approached us and told us that he had left his apartment looking for someone to change his life.  Wow!!!!  

We joined him in his apartment and sang “I am a child of God”, because he was noticeably depressed.   The next day he asked me if we could baptize him....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How cool is that!  I made the funniest face to my companion because I wasn’t sure if I understood right.  

Wow, the Lord is in this work, and we works sometimes in different ways.  But do you think the lord knew that we would talk about “dude” for a while, or that we wouldn’t have credit, or that our contact would be leaving the house...YES!

I'm sorry that this was short, I'm sorry I don’t have time to write anyone else, I love you all, and I pray for you all constantly!





                                                             Elder Clayton England

No comments: